Monday, October 31, 2016

Witches!

The witches will be out in full force tonight so I thought it would be a good time to share this witch themed mani!


Started with a base of two coats of Pahlish Bespoke Mauna Loa.  This is the original release and while I missed it when it was first released, I was lucky enough to pick it up from a blog sale a few months ago.  If you are after this, I've seen it in blogs sales since then too so they are out there if you are wanting one. Pahlish Bespoke Mauna Loa is a pretty vibrant orange with gold shimmer and charcoal flakies; it dries somewhat matte as you can see.


Added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


I had made a few stamper decals using images from Marianne Nails. n.115 for all shown except the hat, which is ZZ Halloween 1.  The standing witch was double stamped, first using the UC Luxe stamper to shrink, then on the stamper to paint.


I wish I had have shrunk a few more decals as the two middle ones didn't fit that well either on my small nails.  I liked the crows on the top so tried to preserve that portion of the decals but as you can see, they aren't that visible.


Marianne Nails. n.115



Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


 If you have been around my blog for a while, you know I'm not much for vacant space and busy nails is my middle name so added a few bats from the same Marianne Nails n.115 for filler on the pinky and thumb; then top coated again with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.  I didn't do a very good job filling in the voids that well on the stamper decals; on the ring finger, was was able to do a little clean up but they are still messy.  I'm not sure if a smaller brush, a steadier hand or better eye sight will help in the future....or all three perhaps!


The trick or treaters will be out in a few hours (including making an appearance on this blog later tonight); so if you are out and about, be mindful of them on the roads!  Have a safe and fun Halloween!

Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!