Monday, August 15, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Negative Space; Day 1!

It's Digit-al Dozen challenge week; this month's theme is negative space!  I'm not a fan of negative space, but have to admit, I was pretty happy how my negative space mani's turned out (for the most part) and will have to keep this style in mind for some variation every now and then!

We have had super hot weather lately and I have to admit that I've ate more than my share of ice cream and popsicles in this heat!  So when I seen a cute ice cream image from Star Nails 52, I thought it would be good for this month's negative space challenge; here's what I came up with!


Started by making stamper decals using assortment of Mdu stamping polishes using an image from Star Nails 52 then filling in the cones using acrylic paints.  


Star Nails 52


I realized when I was applying them that no way the ice cream cone would fit on my pinky so had to come up with something different to make it look OK, but did place three of the five stamper decals I had made.


Keeping with the negative space theme, I stamped some dots using Chez Divers 007 using MdU stamping polishes.


Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


Here's the other ladies Day 1 negative space nails!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a clever way to use negative space - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I love how the polka dots are the negative part on the nails with the ice creams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute. I love the way the polka dots are the negative space and the way you did the pinky and thumb with the filled in dots. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!