Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Birthdays; August 2016!

It's Digit-al Dozen birthday time again!  This month, there are two members in the group having birthdays; Amanda of Lady Maid Nails on August 23rd and me on August 25th!  Usually the birthday girl picks a pix and we all do mani's using it as inspiration; because there are two of us this month, Amanda picked a few pix and then I picked one out of them, so we both had a hand in the inspiration photo!  The group is posting today in between our birthdays, so here's what I came up with based on the inspiration photo!


Inspiration picture

Started with a base of bright skittles; starting at thumb and going clockwise used Girly Bits You're My Hooper Hero, Kiara Sky Blue-let Proof Vest, Nicole by OPI Hit the Lights, Girly Bits Hoop! There It is and Maybelline Go Go Green.  All are two coats except thump and pinky which are three.  Shown with no top coat.


Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


For some pop art affect, stamped dots using an image from MoYou Pro Collection-15.  I didn't do the index as I had planned placement of some decals that I had made and the dots would have interfered with the black dots on the decal.


Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


I did Cindy the same polishes and stamped all hands; this is nifty cool looking to me; I can see exactly this same mani in the future  if I ever run out of mani indeas!



So after searching through my plates, I picked out a few images for some Pop Art and made stamper decal. And can you believe that there is no POP! stamping image????  But as you can see, it wasn't very well planned out! lol.  Two of the images, I double stamped to reduce them in size for my nails (stamped once to reduce then stamped a second time onto Konad stamper to make the decal) but needed to triple stamp them so they turned our correctly.  I didn't see this or realize until I peeled off stamper decals so had to do some improvising as I wasn't putting MOOB or !FFUPon my nails!!!  The plates used were MoYou Pro Collection 10 (face, pow and bang), MoYou Pro Collection-16 (boom shrunk) and MoYou Comics Collection-01 (puff shrunk) then filled in with acrylic paints.



MoYou Pro Collection-10





MoYou Pro Collection-16




I could use three of the five decals I had made, so applied them.  I didn't have time to make more decals so ended up using a couple images from MoYou Back to the 80's Collection-03 on index and pinky using FunkyFingers Gesso and Girly Bits Fire Engine Red.  The partial image on the middle was annoying me so did some touch up with brush but for some reason didn't notice the thumb until I uploaded pix.



Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.




Here's the other ladies birthday mani's!




Amanda, I hope you had a great day yesterday!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. This mani is incredible and I love every single nail. I love the fact you also showed us how it was created.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a nail art treasure! Truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that plate - I really need to put it to use!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!