Sunday, May 15, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Whimsy; Day 5

I'm a few days late for Day 5 of Digit-al Dozen whimsy challenge but took a long weekend as it was a PA day and DS2 had no school on Friday, so headed to cottage country a little early.  While I had my nails done, didn't have time to post them before I went so here they are now!  This mani is also doing double duty for the 40 Great Nail Art Ideas Does Neon challenge; I had added prompt of saran wrap.



Started with a base of neon skittles; starting at the thumb and going clockwise:  Girly Bits Hip Hip Hurray, Girly Bits You're My Hooper Hero, Girly Bits Get Indie Flow, LA Girl Disco Brites Deejay, and China Glaze Shocking Pink (Neon); all are shown with two coats, no top coat.


Topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


Did saran wrap smooshing finger by finger to make sure they were wet for the saran smoosh.  Starting at the thumb and going clockwise:  SBP 05.11.1 over Girly Bits Hip Hip Hurray; It's Hoop To Be Square over Girly Bits You're My Hooper Hero; Girly Bits Thumb Your Melons over Girly Bits Get Indie Flow; Girly Bits Hoop! There It is over LA Girl Disco Brites Deejay; and China Glaze Celtic Sun over China Glaze Shocking Pink (Neon)


Added a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.


Stamped using Marianne Nails n.103 using FunkyFingers Dark Knight with accent of FunkyFingers Gesso.  I did the accent in white as I didn't think the black stamping would show up very well on the darker colours but in hindsight, I think they might have been OK.


Marianne Nails n.103



Topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


I thought they might look a little bit more whimsy looking with some added dot accents so added random dots to the flower centers using same stamping polishes and topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish (first pix).


Here's the other ladies Day 5 whimsy manis ....and officially this challenge has ended!


Here's the other 40 Great Nail Art Ideas neon mani's too!


Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend; thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Gostei.
    Toda trabalhada, bonita mesmo.


    Bjim...
    blog Usei Hoje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your saran wrap is perfection. Even though I can see these are flowers, at a glance they looked like butterfly wings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen butterfly wings too! Future mani inspiration....!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!