Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone celebrating today!  These were the nails I was wearing on Thanksgiving Day back in October which is when us Canadians celebrate giving thanks.


Started with a base of skittles; polishes used starting at thumb and going clockwise are OPI Life Gave Me Lemons, Essie So Racy, Essence Wake Up!, Sally Hansen Butterscotch and Revlon Hot For Chocolate; all two coats; shown with top coat.


I made a stamper decal from my favourite Thanksgiving image, Infinity 65.  I used acrylic paints; I tried to do some shading on the leaves, squash and pumpkin using darker complimentary colours; not sure how successful this was lol!


Applied stamper decal to the thumb, then stamped using Bundle Monster BM-H11 (index and pumpkin on pinky) and Messy Mansion MM23 (middle and ring).  I used the clear jelly stamper to place the images on the middle and ring fingers; it works so awesome for things like this!


Top coated to finish.  There was some drag from the top coat brush; it took me a few mani's to figure out what was causing it but it was a faulty brush; I just exchanged it with an empty bottle) and added a little white to the middle fingers. My brush work needs practise as you can see lol!


Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Love these nails, and I love the shading on the thumb decal! It's the first thing that I noticed in your picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!