Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fall Nails!

I've resisting wearing fall colours for a while now, even though fall has now officially arrived.  The brights lover in me wants doesn't want to wear the darker shades!  Especially when the weather has been so nice! The only good thing about the cool nights is that the leaves are now starting to change and use of the hot tub resumes! Anyway, this is my first fall mani to share!


Started with a base of two coats of Glam Polish Mauna Loa with brown accents of L'Oreal Brownie Points; both two coats, no top coat.  I never would have thought of Glam Polish Mauna Loa as a fall shade but the burnt orange colour works as one for me!  Can I just say that I've reached for L'Oreal Brownie Points time and time again for a few fall manis already!  The rich hue of the deep chocolate brown has been the perfect shade for what I've been wanting to do....and as an added bonus, it looks fantastic with gold!


Topped with KBShimmer before stamping. 


Using CND Gold Chrome, stamped using an image from B. Loves Plates B.01 Geometry is Perfect. I wish there weren't so many polish voids in the stamping; not that noticeable IRL but magnified in macro, unfortunately.  


B. Loves Plates B.01 Geometry is Perfect




Added a few gold studs on Glam Mauna Loa, then topped it all off with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.




In hindsight, I wished I had have reversed the colours on the fingers; I think it would have flowed a little better. But all in all, I didn't mind this look. I love the look of the gold on the L'Oreal Brownie Points; in fact, have done a few other mani's since them with this colour scheme.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!