Friday, December 19, 2014

Reindeer Sweater Nails

There are several stores in my general area that sell random polishes.  I might stop by 2-3 times a year to see what they have.  One of these such stops happened last weekend as I was out Christmas shopping and remembered that one of the places also sells discounted body washes, perfume and cologne, makeup; perfect items for stocking stuffers for my teens!  I stopped by and picked up a few stocking stuffers, then checked out the random polishes and found a bunch of old Cutex polishes in the polish bin.  I can't remember if I paid 3/$1 or 6/$1 but know about 12 came home with me; even if they are close to polishes I already have, the sale shopper in me can't pass up the bargain!  When I sat down a couple nights ago to do my nails, I was a little tired of doing Christmas nails but wanted somewhat in the holiday spirit; so decided to use one of the bargain bin polishes I picked up; this is what I came up with!



Started with a base of two coats of Cutex Velvet Velour; this has no top coat.




Added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top. Not a whole lot difference but wanted top coat in case I messed up stamping.



Using Mundo de Unas #1, stamped using Bunny Nails HD-E.  This is one of those tricky images to line up but I was pretty happy with the placement on these fingers at least!  Didn't do too good of a job on the thumb but left it anyway.



Top coated to finish.



I was pretty happy with my bargain bin find and how this turned out!  I've been wearing this for a few days now as too tired from doing errands and shopping after work to do my nails but got a lot of compliments every where I went.  It's also holding out really, really well!  A good thing as I think I'm going to be out and about shopping tonight too!  But this is what I heard the most:  "Are those stickers?"  Urggggg!

Have a great weekend; thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!