Monday, June 23, 2014

A Wedding Tribute Mani for @honeybee_nails

I did this mani for @honeybee_nails who got married this past Saturday!  I met  Melissa at the end of May when a bunch of nail gals (KarenD from Frazzle and Aniploish; Tracey from @traceyloveslacquer on instagram, Melissa from @honeybee_nails on instagram, nailxchange {who I don't think has an active blog right now but is still actively painting her nails}and I got together.  We made polishes at Girly Bits headquarters; Melissa made a polish to wear for her wedding that day; I remember her working so diligently to get just the perfect shade! I made a note to check her IG account to see when she was getting married (I'm sure she said that day, but there was lots said that day and couldn't remember!) and once I did, made a mental note of the date as I thought it would be a nice gesture to do a mani for her to mark the occasion!  I did both hands slightly different from one another; here's what I came up with!



Started with a base of two coats each of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls with blue accent nails using OPI No Room for the Blues, top coated with HKGirl.  The right hand base was all OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.



Stamped using MoYou Bridal Collection-04 (index, middle and ring plus do on the thumb), Wistonia Wedding Bliss (rings on thumb), SdP 73 (pinky) and HB34 (bees on thumb) using black Konad special polish. As there was only one size for the "I" in the I do image on the plate and it was too big for the nail design, I used a smaller "do" from the plate and hand painted in "I"....whcih I'm sure is pretty obvious!  I think this pix is the best of the little honeybees on the thumb!



Added a few random hearts from SdP 78 using red Konad special polish.



Top coated using HKGirl topcoat to finish.  (I waited a good 15 to 20 minutes before top coating and still had some stamping drag; I'm thinking it was because of temperature/humidity?)  I should also point out that these are not from the XL size of images (which is MoYou Bridal 05) and the images are still plenty big.  I also had a reallyyyyy hard time lining up the middle finger which isn't the plates fault but just to share how some of these have to be placed just so to look somewhat decent; I think this was attempt 5 and just left it even though not perfect.....)



On the right hand, plates used where MoYou Bridal Collection-04 (index, ring and love and ring on thumb), Wistonia Wedding Bliss (ring) and Apipilia Colecao Fofuras C on middle (noted as Cuteness C on the estore).  Random hearts are again from SdP 78.  The stamping polishes were red, black and blue Konad special polishes.  This is my favourite hand out of the two!



Wistonia Wedding Bliss



MoYou Bridal Collection-04





Congrats to Melissa and Sean on their special day!  May you have a lifetime of happiness!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sweet! As always, I am in awe of how you not only have one or two designs perfect for an event but, a whole handful plus extra options.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!