Sunday, October 20, 2013

Creating Orange Holo Out of Necessity!


Some of you may have seen Kellie Gonzo's recent post here where she posted a fabulous orange holo, Fancy Gloss Orange Fizz.  I love holo polishes and don't have anything like this in my stash, so I immediately went to the Fancy Gloss store and tried to to buy a bottle....only to find out that there is no shipping to Canada.  Not to let this deter me, I sent an email and asked anyway if they should ship to Canada as I've had pretty good luck with those who say they won't ship internationally on their site say they will when contacted.  I got a response back right away....unfortunately, it was still a no go and I'm out of luck.  Booo!  So I decided to create my own layering combination for an orange holo for a Halloween mani; here's what I came up with!



Started with a base of two coats of Barry M Gelly Mango, no topcoat.



Added a thin layer of OPI DS Shimmer.  While not an exact match to Orange Fizz, I think I came up with a pretty good alternative....if anything, I think my layering combination seems to be a little bit more holo.  While I still love the how Orange Fizz looks, this will simply have to do simply because I can't get a bottle shipped to me up here in Canada!  I also think with a little tweeking and a less holo topcoat, I can come up with something more like it; Barry M seems to be the perfect base, it's just adjusting the holo topcoat.



Anyway, because this is a perfect base for a Halloween mani, decided to stamp some Halloween images on top using Fun charcoal stamping polish.  Images used are Cheeky Jumbo 6, Happy Holidays (thumb), Big SdP K (index), FUN 4 (middle), and Chez Halloween 001 (ring and pinky).



Topped with SV to finish.



Here's a closer look at a couple of the plates used.

FUN 4








Cheeky Jumbo 6, Happy Holidays













Have you ever created your own polish or did a layering combination when you couldn't snag your lemming? Which one?  I'd love to know!

Hope you're having a fantastic weekend; thanks for looking!


5 comments:

  1. OOOOhhhh this is so very pretty, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mani is freaking amazing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some indies that do canada that have orange holos like AmysNailBoutique, above the curve and LynBdesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cool! I have several orange holos, but then again, I'm an addict!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!