Friday, March 8, 2013

St. Paddy's Mani + Stamper Decals

I have a bunch of St. Patrick's Day mani's ready to share for next week...but with FB Adventures in Stamping Challenge to post...and the 5 Day Digit-al Dozen theme posts to start Monday...I thought I had better start posting St. Patrick's Day mani's now or it will be like my Christmas and Valentine's Day mani's and I'll run out of time before I get them all posted!  Which may still happen, but anyway, here's the first of a few more to come!


I've been wearing a lot of holo lately...and reached for yet another holo polish for this mani...started with a base of two coats of Color Club Angel Kiss, no top coat.  And a holo overload of pix again...please be warned!


I'm so impressed with these Color Club halo hues....I still haven't picked up the 2013's as they haven't been available in my area or not yet arrived on etailer sites that will ship to Canada....but I can't wait to add them to my collex!



Stamped using MM04 at the tips using Sally Hansen Jumpin' Jade. 


Topped with Sally Hansen Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Fast Dry Top Coat.

 

The maker of the Messy Mansion plates had posted on AiS a way of making decals using a stamper and filling in with polishes...so using her tutorial here, I made a couple of decals using the MM04 plate.  This is what they looked like when I finished.


Unfortunately, I lost the leprechaun one by the time I was ready to add the decals to my nails (I think its way back under my polish table and I just haven't crawled under it to look for it yet), but I had the hat image, so added to this mani just to try out!


I didn't read the whole tutorial on the application of the decal onto the nail so had just placed it on my dry nail and then topped with SV so it didn't lie too flat; after I applied this, I read it again and seen how it should be applied.....so while this isn't the greatest, it didn't turn out too bad for the first attempt!  The other thing I found was that the decal kinda dried up a bit and curved (see leprechaun decal above) when it wasn't on the stamper, so it was a challenge putting it on the nail, as the decal curves up but my nails curve down.  But I solved this somewhat because in decals I made after this one, I did the stamping on a flatter stamper, or, on some stampers, stamped the image more in the centre where it doesn't curve so much...and even left did a few where I left them on spare stampers until I was ready to use them, which worked the best as they didn't seem to dry out (and curve up) so fast.

What's your thoughts on making stamper decals?  Have you tried it yet?  If so, what's your thoughts?  If not, will you be trying it? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts!

Have a great weekend....thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. Ooohhh I just love this holo!!! And the shamrocks with the hat are so awesome!! Perfect st paddys mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mani is GORGEOUS!! I love it so much!! I love the decals too. I saw something similar the other day but now I have to go check out the way you did it too. I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wearing a ton of holos too-the sun has been cooperating! This is really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!