Friday, November 11, 2011

Lest We Forget

Today is Remembrance Day here in Canada; Veterans Day in US. Here's the mani I'm wearing today.



Started with OPI Red by Fortune Cookie and Color Blast by Orly Reflection; two coats each. I used this red polish as I know that black stamping shows up well on it and it is slightly darker in real life more similar to the above pix; sometimes using a darker red polish, the black stamping isn't as visible.



Added full accent nail using SdP-D09 with Black Konad special polish.



Using Red Konad special polish, added three images for the poppies on accent finger; these are individual flowers found on Big SdP E in a variety of sizes; I used the second to smallest. I think its fantastic there's size options on some of these images found on some of the Big and XL plates...you can use the one that suits your nail size best or add a bunch of the same design in a variety of sizes.



Filled in the centres of the flowers on the full size nails using Black Konad special polish.



Lastly, added a coat of SV.



Please remember those who gave their lives and continue to serve so that we enjoy the freedom we have today.

Thanks for looking.

16 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful manicure. I am really touched by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, what an awesome manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks great! You are so good at stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect manicure :)) really nice !
    i like your blog,now i follow you..
    and wait u my blog!
    ♣This is ★ My βℒog♣

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poppies turned out really well-- this is a great manicure for today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! The black against the red is so striking... I'll have to try this! You inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! This manicure is so pretty! I really like the way of coloring one nail with another colour than the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, I was inspired by "Poppy Day" too: http://pecheoriginail.blogspot.com/2011/11/jour-du-souvenir-11-11-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing!!!!
    http://myministyle.blogspot.com/

    I'm just a beginner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that it's great when plates have a range of sizes of the same motif. Even just two variations is enough so I have something that looks scaled right on my pinky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how beautiful

    tata-nadaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty! I love the red & baby blue together <33

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!