Friday, July 16, 2010

All Matted Up!







So I picked up my new Alice & Olivia (by MAC) polishes and was dying to try them out. But before I did, I thought I'd play with my last mani by adding some matte finishes. I've had the Orly for Men matte product for a while and picked up Essie Matte About You as part of a two pack with Wicked. I had originally sourced out the Orly for Men matte as I had read on another blog that it sueded polishes but honestly, despite two coats, it barely took the shine off.

So I pulled out my Essie Matte About You and got the finish I was looking for. (As I did my mani at 1:30 am the only pix I could take were under artificial lamp light so these appear a little darker than original). This mani was four days old, so thanks SV (topcoat) and Instant Artificals (base) as wear was minimal and could easily could have pulled this off for a few more days (but too many polishes are untried...)

I loved the matte results with Essie. Too bad I took the mani off about 5 minutes after the pix so I could try A & O....






Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!